Children with special health care needs may be able to access health insurance programs that can cover part of the costs of medical services, supplies an equipment for physically challenged or chronically ill children and young adults.
Staff members in the Children with Special Needs division of the health department can provide guidance on access to care, and refer families to the department's Facilitated Enrollment program for access to programs including Child Health Plus A and Child Health Plus B enrollment outreach.
These are some of the community-based services that may be appropriate for your child with special needs:
- Child Health Plus/Medicaid
- Early Intervention (EI)
- Women Infants and Children (WIC)
- Hudson Valley Developmental Disabilities Services Office (HVDDSO), 220 White Plains road, Tarrytown, NY 10591 (914) 332-8958
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Parent support:
- Parents Helping Parents (PHP)
For more information contact us at: Phone: (914) 813-5328 Fax: (914) 813-5090