Data and Statistics
- New 2015 Westchester County Community Health Assessment Data Update
- Annual Data Books
- Monthly Morbididty Reports
Legionella (Legionnaires' Disease and Pontiac Fever)
In today's very mobile society, over a million people each day travel to and from other countries, where many vaccine-preventable diseases remain relatively common. Without vaccines, epidemics of many preventable diseases could return, resulting in increased - and unnecessary - illness, disability, and death among children and adults.
- May 5, 2014: NYSDOH Health Notification: Screen, recommend, and administer or refer adults for vaccination (NYSDOH)
- Resources for Adult Immunizations (CDC)
- Health Advisory: Executive order allows pharmacists to vaccinate (pdf) (NYSDOH)
- Providers who are awaiting delivery of pediatric flu vaccine for their patients with private health insurance but who have Vaccine for Children supplies can contact New York State to request approval to use and then replace their VFC supply by calling 1-800-KID-SHOTS (543-7468).
- Immunization Update Webinar Series (NYSDOH)
- Ordering flu vaccine
- Seasonal Influenza (NYSDOH) Guidance on maintaining and determining vaccine viability during and following a power outage
- MMWR: Measles (CDC) May 2011
- Letter from Commissioner Amler regarding new Tdap recommendations
- Guidance-on-Pertussis-control-for-healthcare-providers (NYSDOH)
- Pertussis Fact Sheet (NYSDOH)
- PEP recommendations/Red Book 2009 (NYSDOH)
- Norovirus Overview: food workers, health care providers and public health professionals (CDC)
- Norovirus cleaning and disinfecting
- Handwashing 101
Invasive Pneumococcal Disease Update
- Commissioner of Health, Sherlita Amler M.D., letter to physicians, medical director, office managers
- An article from the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Directions on how to identify eligible patients through NYSIIS
- MMWR Report
Sexually Transmitted Treatment Guidelines
- MMWR/CDC/Sexually Transmitted Diseases Treatment Guidelines 2015
- Provider Guidance on Expedited Partner Therapy (EPT) -Stopping the Spread of Chlamydia
Reverse Sequence Syphilis Screening
Rabies: Update on Rabies Vaccine and Immune Globulin (June 2013)
- NYSDOH letter on HIV testing and Chapter 308 law of 2010.
- HIV Screening. Standard Care - Standard care program, including free tools and materials, developed by the CDC (as part of the Act Against AIDS Campaign), gives primary care providers new tools to help ensure all patients are tested for HIV at least once in their life.
- Amended Health Law related to HIV Testing
(May 2014) On April 1, 2014, Public Health law Section 2781 related to HIV testing in NY State, and Section 2135 related to confidentiality of HIV reports were amended. -View the amended law.
- NYSDOH Information for Clinicians on a New Diagnostic Testing Algorithm for Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) Infection
Oct. 7, 2013
Letter updating clinicians about a new HIV diagnostic testing algorithm for diagnosis of HIV infection
New York State Pediatric HIV Warmline
- TB Risk Factor Screening Form (WCDOH)