For general information and 24-hour,7-day-a-week public health emergencies, call (914) 813-5000.
Reporting of suspected or confirmed communicable diseases is mandated under the New York State Sanitary Code (10NYCRR 2.10). Although physicians have primary responsibility for reporting, school nurses, laboratory directors, infection control practitioners, daycare center directors, health care facilities, state institutions and any other individuals/locations providing health care services are also required to report communicable diseases.
Reports need to be submitted within 24 hours of diagnosis. However, some diseases warrant prompt action, such as a telephone call, and should be reported immediately. Please use the following:
Communicable Disease Reporting forms
- WCDOH Communicable Disease Reporting Requirements
- DOH 389/Communicable Disease Reporting Form fillable form (fill out the form and print or save as a pdf., and rename the pdf document.)
- Communicable Disease Reporting Services
Other Reporting Forms
- STD Reporting Form
- Lyme Disease Multiple Case Reporting Form
- TB Patient Intake Sheet (Complete the fillable form and print or save as a pdf. If saving, you will must rename the file.)
- Rabies Forms and Guidance